Santiago, Chile

Santiago, Chile

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Yeaaahhh thats right! I´m 20 years old. That’s really weird to think. Well, just gotta roll with it! yesterday I thought I was gonna die of all the food that people gave me to eat. We went to eat with the pensionists at a peruvian restaurant near the office. Oh, peruvian food is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. Some of the best meat I´ve eaten in Chile. Every time we contacted a house, Elder McDermott would say to the people: "but ya gotta let us in! Its Elder Pomar´s birthday!!" We laugh a lot with Elder McDermott and Elder Serrano. Elder McDermott is the funniest guy I´ve ever met. His technique didn’t work a lot, but it gave us 1 miracle. We contacted this lady who was leaving her house to buy bread for dinner, and she let us in after we promised to bless her home. This family was really in need of help. They´ve had a lot of hardships, and the 9-year-old grandson who lives there has heart problems. 10 years ago the missionaries passed by and had left a Book of Mormon. Lucia, the grandmother, has read it from cover to cover since then. I just get so humbled in thinking how much God blesses me when I don´t deserve so much. You just gotta humbly go in stride, helping them to come unto Christ. 

And conference... Whoa. Just incredible. I was really touched by Jeffrey R. Holland´s talk on Sunday. The love of God is really infinite. And it was really funny to watch the priesthood session. We watched it as a zone. All the missionaries were groaning the whole time because it was all "palos" (now to understand what palos is ya just have to speak to your friendly neighborhood chilean cause there is no translation) about how we have to get married after the mission. I still got a long time before I gotta think about that. As a sticker that my dad sent me says:

"Trunkiness never was Happiness"

haha Love you all! Thanks for the birthday wishes. Have a great day. For those of you who are not LDS or Mormon, as they call us, I invite you to let the missionaries in. They are true messengers of Jesus Christ, and it will only bring you happiness. The joy I feel is unlike any other. It’s surreal, because it’s a spiritual one. God is our father. He loves us. He sent his son to die for us, and God continues his work today through living apostles and prophets. The bible is the word of God, and I solemnly testify that the Book of Mormon is as well. As I read it, pray about it, and apply it, it’s changed me for the better. You wont regret letting those smiling young men in your door.

Catch ya next week!

Elder Pomar



No comments:

Post a Comment