Santiago, Chile

Santiago, Chile

Sunday, January 24, 2016

I feel really weird right now. I swear that it was yesterday that they called me to the office, and now a whole transfer has passed. Time in the office is non-existent. Its like as if Han Solo said "punch it, Chewy!" and we are travelling at the speed of light. But that's ok! I'm having such a fun time here. The guys in the office are great. We're playing soccer in the mornings for exercise, we have to leave on trips with the pensionists, and we just have a ball!

So we had a miracle on Sunday. We went to go look for William and Jocelyn to go to church on Sunday, and they just moaned and said, "I don’t feel good". They had so happily committed to go to church the day before, and they have a baptismal date for the 13th of February, so we were more than disappointed. Sitting and playing the piano during sacrament meeting, I look up and to my surprise, the two just magically appeared in the row in front of me. I was like, WHAT? I couldn’t believe it. They are such amazing guys!

Here's another funny thing: so since the number of missionaries has been dropping, a lot of zones are getting smaller. The poor Maipu zone was reduced to just 7 companionships, and after thinking about it, President Barreiros decided to do something to excite the zone: He placed us and the pensionists a district of the Maipu zone! Its really weird because all of us are experienced missionaries who have trained and been district leader, and our district leader is in his first transfer being a leader. It’s pretty comical! Sometimes he feels really awkward, but we encourage and help him. It’s a good time!

Oh my gosh, we had a worldwide training meeting with the 12 apostles via satellite, and it just absolutely blew my mind. Like, my brain just literally exploded from all the spiritual information that we received. I’m sorry for being so informal, but Elder Bednar is such a boss! :D I was really humbled during the meeting. I have so much to improve to become a preach my gospel missionary, but I’m going to do it with the Lord's help. One key lesson I have learned in the mission: Pride will cause your fall. And pride includes depending on your own self to do the things that only the Lord can do. Trust in Him, Trust in his spirit, and everything will go well. And keep the commandments. It’s the only way to happiness.

I know that Christ is my savior. He knows my most inner desires, and he gives me comfort in my times of need. Just as the bible does, the Book of Mormon has helped me grow closer to Christ than by any other book. Joseph Smith really is a prophet of God called to restore the kingdom of God on the earth. God is not dead, and that is why he sends young missionaries like me to preach the conditions of  repentance to all the world, that all may be saved in the Celestial kingdom of God

Catch you all next week!

love,

Elder Pomar








No comments:

Post a Comment