Santiago, Chile

Santiago, Chile

Monday, November 30, 2015

WHATS UP!!!!

Hey guys! Its sooo nice to talk to you. Yeah, I finally have time to write a nice sized email. WOOOOOO!!!

So if I could ask you guys a favor, I'd love it. all the pics on my sd card got corrupted by a bad usb port. The file is still there, so I have my new member friend Carlos (computer engineer) working on it. PLEASE PRAY THAT I HE CAN RECOVER MY PHOTOS!!! I have pics from 6 months and onward on that card, so it’s really important to me. 

But on to the miracles! FERNANDA SE BAUTIZA!!!!!! This Saturday at 1 will be the baptism, so we´re are so exited. She asked me to baptize her, so it will be a very special event. Pray so that every goes well! She is a straight up miracle. We did nothing special with her, God just prepared her!

Some funny stuff:
We are like movie stars here in Chile. The gangstas around here are called Flightes, and every time they see us they shout a special phrase. The other day we were walking and there were a few on a garbage truck and from behind us we heard the driver honk his horn and the others said "BUENA BUENA CABRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" hahahahahaha we just died laughing. Its sooo funny in person

I was walking without glasses and in the distance I see two missionaries in our sector. I was confused, thinking who would it be. As I got closer I realized they weren’t missionaries, but Jehovah Witnesses that were STRAIGHT UP TWINS OF US MORMON MISSIONARIES! They looked just like us. I thought it was funny. well....


God blessed us a lot this week. We had 4 of our investigators attending church the other day. Orlando is still holding off, but is progressing. We have another one named Thor (Yeah, like the marvel god) who is tight!! He does crazy martial arts stuff and he reads the book of Mormon every day. Hes gonna get baptized. I just know it

The other cool thing is... WE FOUND A LAMANITE TO TEACH!!! Hey, I don’t want you all to think I’m being racist, but for the first time I’m teaching someone who is completely immersed in the culture of the native Mapuche Indians. We talked about the book of Mormon being written by his ancestors, and he got hooked! Well see how it goes

I cannot reiterate how much the mission has changed me. My life, my vision, my perspective, my goals, my being. I feel like a new person. Stronger. more diligent, more persistent, and hungrier to learn the gospel. I love studying the scriptures now! Its sooooo interesting. I’ve even thought about being a seminary teacher when I get back cause I love it soooo much. Well see. I still have a LONG time till I have to worry about that haha! 

I know this gospel is true. The only way to salvation is Jesus Christ. Coming to Christ isn’t passive. It’s not just "a good feeling" as my president says. The only way to come unto him is making special promises or covenants with him like baptism, taking the sacrament, going to the temple, etc. It’s the only way. The next time you go to church really MAKE a covenant with him. It will change your life. Love you all!!!

Elder Pomar

PS the computer doesn’t read my camera and my card reader is with Carlos. Sorry! Next week for sure :)



No comments:

Post a Comment