Santiago, Chile

Santiago, Chile

Monday, November 3, 2014

Hey hey hey, its mon-DAY!

Oh no. I´ve already completed 2 months. This is terrible!! The time goes by way too fast!

So on Tuesday I had quite an adventure with my fellow trainee Elder Banks. My district leader told us that we were going to go on splits, but it wasn´t until the morning of that he told me that I was going to have to direct everything in my sector for the day. SURPRISE!!! I've got to be honest, I was scared at first. Two Elders with less than 2 months field experience didn´t seem like a good idea at first, but after we got into the groove, we just got on a roll!  Elder Banks is such a stud. His Spanish is really scarce, but he has no fear in talking to anyone and he is just willing to work as hard as any pace we set. We talked with EVERYONE. Even though we didn´t really find anyone to teach, the feeling of just having worked all day and giving your all is unmatched. It´s one of the best feelings you can have out here! 


On Thursday we had a lesson with Gabriel, but this time we brought our secret weapon: the ward mission leader. Gregorio is the most hardworking man I´ve ever seen in my life! He´s dedicated so much to the study of the scriptures and developing his testimony that when he speaks, its unbelievable. There were points in the lesson when I honestly felt like I was dreaming haha! Gabriel is almost there!!! We´re going to visit him again today, so wish me luck!!

Sunday we had stake conference, presided by one of the 70 named Elder Viñas. In 1st Nephi it says that the wicked take the truth to be hard, and man do I have to say that a lot of people were hurting after he talked! It was one of the most honest, straightforward talks I´ve ever heard. One of the biggest points he had he brought up using a scripture from Moroni 7:

 6 For behold, God hath said a man being evil cannot do that which is good; for if he offereth a gift, or prayeth unto God, except he shall do it with real intent it profiteth him nothing.
 7 For behold, it is not counted unto him for righteousness.
 8 For behold, if a man being evil giveth a gift, he doeth it grudgingly; wherefore it is counted unto him the same as if he had retained the gift; wherefore he is counted evil before God.
 9 And likewise also is it counted evil unto a man, if he shall pray and not with real intent of heart; yea, and it profiteth him nothing, for God receiveth none such.
Intent has everything to do with our lives. If we do everything right, but don´t have our heart in the right place, it doesn´t do any good. It's not easy, but when we strive every day to keep that desire to just do good in our hearts every day and strive to keep all the commandments, we will be immensely blessed. 
I know that this Church is true. The Book of Mormon, when we give it the attention it deserves, will be our most loyal companion throughout all the daily struggles we have. We will receive knowledge. We will receive strength and if we do it with real intent, then the possibilities are endless. Keep up the good work everyone! Love you all and God bless!!
Love, 
Elder Pomar
P.S. I got to visit with my family again yesterday!!!!! I´m so blessed to be here in chile!! :D 


No comments:

Post a Comment