Santiago, Chile

Santiago, Chile

Monday, October 6, 2014

Two words: GENERAL CONFRENCE
Wasn´t it just great!? Anyways, I´ll get to that in a little bit. This week was full of surprises! On Monday, we went to go withdraw our money for the month so we could buy food, but it wasn’t there, so we subsisted on the remnants of our cereal, fruit, and bread from last week. Hooray haha!! Elder Lizarraga and I have been trying to work with our investigator families, but it’s been hard. They all have challenges they need to overcome, and a lot of it comes from their fixed mindsets (just like you always said mom!). Not a lot of progress with them, but we´ll keep going on. Oh, so you guys know, I just got a bunch of your letters yesterday. Thank you so much!! They really mean a lot to me! They were postmarked September 2-4, so that’s about a month difference. I’ve heard it was only 2 weeks to get here, so fingers crossed that it was just a hold up. I went on splits with my zone and district leader on Wednesday, which was great! In his district there is a whole little colony of haitians, and they are so fun to talk to! So humble so sweet, just great people: We tracked a door of this older woman, and set an appointment to return the following morning. It was incredible. She had intially put up a lot of barriers, but it was interesting how as we talk here heart was softened and she began to tell us all of the worries she’d been having and struggles with wayward family members, and all three of us missionaries powerfully testified of how the message we bring helps families over come ANY struggle. We taught her about the restoration, the Book of Mormon, and invited her to baptism, and she said YES!!  Miracles do happen and are happening here. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were preoccupied by meetings, between general conference and training meetings for the greenies like me, but it was just wonderful! I’ve heard before that conference is like the Superbowl for missionaries, and it is absolutely true! all of us had our faces riveted to the screen, waiting to receive revelation from the words of the modern prophets. The two talks that really stood out to be were by Jorg Klebingat and David A. Bednar. Elder Klebingat laid it out like it is, and I know that if you follow his 6 steps, you will grow closer to God and strengthen your testimony. Check it out at https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2014/10?cid=HPSU100514465&lang=eng

David A Bednar´s talk is a must see, especially for those who are not members of our church. Have you wondered why missionaries like me come out to share our beliefs? Do you know why we as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints try to share their beliefs with you? Follow the link above and you will not regret it. I know this Church is true. I know God speaks to man today. As it testifies in the Book of Mormon: "For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith." (2 Nephi 27:23). May God Bless you all!

Love,
Elder Pomar

P.S. I went to this sweet historical site called Santa Lucia today, and randomly I found an Ocarina of time, and a Colo-Colo Jersey for 14 bucks. Score!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment