Santiago, Chile

Santiago, Chile

Monday, September 29, 2014


This week has been a blur! It gets so hard to distinguish the days some times. 

Well, good news is that my companion and I have finally organized the names of all the people we need to visit. For the past few weeks we have been roaming around randomly, hoping that someone was home, but no longer haha! As of 2 days ago, I have been in Chile for a month! I got to be honest, it has been pretty long, but I don’t worry too much about it. They say the mission is like a mountain: the first bit drags and is a little draining, but after you hit the peak you just fly down the mountain, and when you finish, you want to climb the mountain again, but you can’t. That’s why I’m focusing really hard on making the best of every day. 

Ok, little fun fact. In my zone, every missionary knows how to do the 1 finger snap (you guys know what I’m talking about right?) Anyways, in every single zone meeting, all the Elders do it when they hear something they like. It cracks me up! I can almost do it. Just give me a few weeks haha!

We had and awesome FHE activity with one of our part member families the other day! The mom Cindy is less active and wants to return to church, and Gabriel her husband grew up as a 7th day adventist. She said that her goal is to get to the Temple, so now we just got to work on Gabe. We watched the video "Because of Him" and had a great discussion afterwards. In fact, after we left because we had to get home, Gabriel and Cindy stayed for an hour afterwards!! It was honestly more that we could’ve hoped for. The family we did it with, la familia Yanez, gave powerful testimony and really worked to have the spirit there, and you bet it was. My companion told me afterward that it was one of the best days of his mission.

Their family also came to church this Sunday!! Of course, I happened to be giving a talk that meeting, so I was pretty nervous as you can imagine, but it went a lot better that I had thought haha! I only made one mistake where I said, "when I was young" instead of " when I was in young men’s" and the whole congregation erupted into laughter. I’m just glad I didn’t accidently say something offensive or something crazy haha! Cindy and Gabe really liked the service, so we just have to encourage them to keep coming. 

Elder Lizarraga got bit by a dog the other day. He was walking close to a fence and this massive dog shoved its head through the fence! Luckily the wound was caused by the friction of the shirt, and not by the teeth so he doesn’t have to get vaccinated. The look he gave that dog was priceless haha! I honestly thought he was going to reach in and choke it he was so mad! But all is well that ends well. 

Two more pieces of good news: Elder Nelson is coming to visit the mission and I get to go to the Temple soon! Our president challenged us to finish the Book of Mormon before he comes, so I’ve been frantically reading to finish it. He doesn’t come until November 9th, so I’ve still got some time. Oh, and the family in Chile said they were going to call tomorrow and were going to set up a time for me to talk to them!! Happy day haha!

To finish, I want to leave you with this challenge: El Desafio de Lectura, or Reading Challenge. Simply, its read the Book of Mormon in 6 months. Just 4 pages a day (really, its the front and back of only 2 pages). There are so many people here who have never read it cover to cover, and it’s so essential to our testimony! Joseph Smith said that we would get closer to God by abiding by the precepts of the Book of Mormon than by any other book. Do it!! It will only bless your life and strengthen your faith. I know its true! 

Love you all and God Bless you!

Elder Pomar :)





No comments:

Post a Comment