Santiago, Chile

Santiago, Chile

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Its incredible how much I have changed. Never in my life would I have been able to maintain the work schedule that I have now if it wouldn’t have been for the mission! I almost have a year in the mission, which really scares me haha! The time goes by so fast. For those of you who are preparing to serve, study real real hard before so you can enjoy every second!

We went to the temple the other day with Carlos and Daniela! They absolutely loved it. The spirit in the temple is so out of this world. They are preparing night and day for their sealing in 1 year! I'll be able to be there :D

Elder Ferriera is sooo great!  He´s a baller too!  You should see this guy play soccer. He says that he´s not really good, but he schools everyone on the court haha! 

We have a miracle family that we found the other day as a reference.  Mauricio and Andrea are the nicest investigators that I’ve ever had. They are always offering us food and have SO MANY QUESTIONS. One of their best friends is a return missionary from another ward so We´ll be working hard to get them to the water! 

Way cool experience!  The other day we were talking with Danny, one of our recent converts who is preparing to serve a mission, and an idea came to my mind.  It was absolutely crazy.  So crazy that it just might work! I felt that I should invite his mom to sit down with us and have Danny teach her the restoration, and then ask her to give us feedback on the clarity of the lesson.  She has not wanted ANYTHING to do with the church, but following my impression, we did it.  The spirit was strong and testified to our words!!  She then accepted the offer so that Danny could practice teaching ALL the lessons to her and that she would give feedback! Miracles!!!

Spiritual Thought of the week: one of the things that anyone who serves a mission will realize is that it is hard.  You have to deal with physical and mental affliction in every sense of the word.  I have one scripture that I love to read when times get tough:

And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.

Just got to keep going!  Patience is an eternal virtue, one that I still need to develop a lot, but the blessings are always worth it.

Love you all!!


Elder Pomar :)

No comments:

Post a Comment