Santiago, Chile

Santiago, Chile

Monday, May 25, 2015

Here we go!

This week we had to do a lot of contacting. There weren’t a lot of records, so we´re kind of starting from scratch, but Elder Allen and I are more than up to the challenge!  The ward is incredible. We have a lot of return missionaries who are constantly offering to teach with us, the new bishop is super excited, and we have a lot of work to do!

We found one family that just makes my day every time we go. Joel and Marioli are the parents, and they have 4 kids. The past elders had taught Joel jr a few times, but we managed to teach the entire family this time, and they are sooooo receptive! They are such nice people. They asked us to sing happy birthday to their son Jose in English, and we had fun doing it! We have a lot of hopes for them, and a lot of hopes for the sector!

We got to play football today as a zone. Man, am I out of shape. I’ve almost completely lost any "touch" I ever had haha! We had a lot of fun though. and my companion from the MTC Elder Harries is in the zone with me! This is going to be a really good transfer

Elder Allen and I mesh really well. We have a lot of the same interests, and We practically started the mission together in the Cerrillos stake (he had 1 transfer when I arrived). We have high expectations and high goals, and we hope to accomplish a lot together. He´s teaching me a lot of good things, and we´re glad to be companions. 

I know that this is the work of the Lord. I know that even though we are weak, as we put forth our best effort and seek to improve every single day, God blesses us. As we strengthen ourselves, we will be able to strengthen others. As my new favorite hymn says, Some poor fainting, struggling seaman
You may rescue, you may save

Have a great week and may God Bless you!





Elder Pomar :)

No comments:

Post a Comment