Santiago, Chile

Santiago, Chile

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Hey Everyone! 

Sorry for the mishap the other week.  I didn’t use my time wisely haha!  This week has been short.  Time here on the coast absolutely flies.  Our bikes have been out of commission since Elder Araya bent his rim, so we’ve had to walk and take buses.  My wallet's been crying from all the travels!

In spite of all the difficulties, the Lord has been really merciful with us.  We´ve been finding a lot of golden investigators!  WE have one person who is set to be baptized at the end of the month named Miguel, a 20-year-old college student who is looking for the truth.  We found him because we decided to do one last contact by our house before throwing in the towel, and voila!   We´ve also found a lot of people through part member families, and we are so excited with all the potential the sector has.  Now we just have to organize ourselves so we don’t waste too much time traveling.

I had a few fun experiences, one of which being an encounter with a 7th day Adventist who tried to convince us through his logic that we were wrong.  He kept saying the same arguments over and over and over again for a really long time, but we just stayed quiet, and bore testimony.  He got frustrated because he didn't understand how his logic didn’t even phase us.  The answer is the spirit.  If I have a spiritual question, I need a spiritual answer.  God loves us so much that he wants to give us answers that we know by feeling and not by human logic.  That's why I love this gospel.  We have so much freedom, so much potential to learn and grow. We just have to be humble and do our work and ask!

We were coming home from an appointment and we decided to take a shortcut through the forest at night.  We got a little lost, but we found our way out.  I was half expecting a zombie apocalypse to happen while we were in there. That was a fun experience, but not something I want to repeat haha!

Finally, this Sunday I had a really spiritual experience with the sacrament.  Its one of the things sooo fundamental, that we take it for granted.  I prayed with all my heart that God would help me overcome my weaknesses and I felt a warmth and a love come over me that was indescribable.  Don't take the Sacrament for granted!  It’s meant to be a spiritual experience between you and your Savior.

Love you all!






Elder Pomar

No comments:

Post a Comment