Santiago, Chile

Santiago, Chile

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Hey Everyone!

Here it begins.... The Last week of the transfer. Now’s the time when you have to leave everything on the court, because it could be your last chance. With President Barreiros, anything is possible haha!

I’ve been in splits a lot the past couple weeks. This week I went to a part of San Antonio called Barrancas, and let me tell you, I’m so very very grateful for my sector. It was hot and constantly smelled like fish almost everywhere we went. We had fun and did what we could, and we had a really cool experience. As we were heading back home, we passed a woman who was smoking, and as we rounded the corner, I felt the strong impression to go back and talk to her, and I couldn’t deny it. When I told my companion, he wasn’t too excited because he had already talked to here and she didn’t want anything. and she’s atheist. We went any ways, and even though she was hard at first, she eventually softened as we were just kind with here. She invited us back, and before we went she told us: We say we are atheists, but we never stop believing. I was sooooo happy to hear that! A triumphal moment from listening to the spirit.

I’ve been trying to be a lot more active and less fearful. For a really long time, I’ve been too timid. Too afraid, but as I’ve been reading the scriptures, there’s one that always stands out to me:

"And if men come unto me, I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble, and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me. For if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them"

Ether 12:27

I know that as I strive to do my best and improve my weaknesses one by one, the Lord will cover me with his grace. I do nothing. He does everything. It’s only by his grace that I can become the person he wants me to be. I’m loving every minute of the mission here in El Quisco! The time to change everything, is right now.

Love you!

Elder Pomar :)







No comments:

Post a Comment