Santiago, Chile

Santiago, Chile

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

What’s up guys!

A lot of things have been happening with the winding down of my 4th transfer here.  There have been a lot of hardships and a lot of joys.  I´ve really learned "Patience in mine afflictions" so to speak.  My sector is a good one.  It just has its challenges!  Our mission president has implemented a lot of new rules, so we have more opportunities for blessings!  Its almost like we're slowly converting into the army (which makes a lot of sense since Pres. Barreiros is ex military!), but its good.  It keeps us focused and disciplined. 

What’s been a killer lately is the sun.  The ozone layer burst here in Santiago, so there's a lot of UV exposure.  It’s actually discolored a little part of my neck, so I've been taking extra precautions.  Some days your eyes just bug you all day.  Before I came on the mission, I would have been sick of it already (or "chato" as they say here), but a key lesson I´ve learned is that you have to keep going.  You choose to keep on smiling and working hard and at the end of the day, everything turns out alright.


The Lord is blessing us with new families and humble investigators.  We taught 14 new people this week in their homes, which is incredible for us here!  I´m just glad that I can be a part of the process.

Walter F. Gonzalez of the Presidency of the 70 visited us the other day.  He taught us a lot of how we need to be more than just a missionary, rather a representative of Jesus Christ, giving hope through his sacrifice.  He is the key to everything we do.

I heard a great scripture from Doctrine and Covenants there:

"Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed." (D&C 123:17)

That's all for today. Love you all and catch you later!

Elder Pomar

P.S. I didn't take pictures this week so we took a few selfies while traveling to get our visas taken care of and a picture of the discoloration on my skin. I´m putting band-aids on it every day to avoid sun exposure. Enjoy!

P.P.S When you have dinner with the missionaries, help them be obedient and have it for only 1 hour. Love you!






No comments:

Post a Comment