Santiago, Chile

Santiago, Chile

Monday, February 2, 2015

Hey hey hey everyone!

I´m gonna have to write this one fast cause they cut our computer time, but its all good! A few fun experiences:

I had the longest street contact of my life the other day. We talked to this man outside his house and after a few minutes, we asked if we could go inside to share. He said he couldn’t because he was just renting a room and he couldn’t, but he wanted us to explain our message right there. So, we basically share all of the restoration with him, and then he went on this rant about how he doesn’t believe in religions and how he´s not sure who God really is and finally told us that he wasn´t interested. I checked my watch after, and I realized we were in the contact for 1 HOUR.  Life happens haha!

We´ve been teaching this Protestant man, and its been the saddest thing. He´s a pastor, and knows the Bible in and out, so my companion spent a while lightly "debating" (I wouldn’t go so far as to say it was bible bashing), and at the end, we told him that he needed to pray and ask God if what we taught was true, and he refused! He thinks that he already knows, and he´s not humble enough to ask. It’s alright though. It was kind of funny to watch him and my companion go at it haha!

The biggest thing I´ve learned this week is the concept of consecration. Our mission president gave a whole special training meeting about it. He talked about how in the mission, we need to consecrate, our selves, or offer our whole being to the Lord. A lot of the times there are just little things that keep us from giving ourselves to the Lord in all our lives. Sometimes its listening to our favorite song that we know isn’t appropriate, sometimes its talking bad about someone just one time, sometimes its thinking that we can relax when we know that we have to do our duties to the Lord. In all respects, if we want to experience all the blessings the Lord has for us, we have to be willing to give our all too. 

Even though it’s been really hard and tiring, I´ve felt the spirit strongly as I´ve been here. My family is being blessed in ways I never could´ve imagined, and it all comes down to the mission.

Love you all and see you next week!

Love,

Elder Pomar







No comments:

Post a Comment