Santiago, Chile

Santiago, Chile

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Hey Everyone!

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 100 YEARS CHILE WON THE COPA AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously I couldn’t watch the game, but I definitely heard the celebrations. Fireworks, Honking horns, waving banners, chants of "Chi Chi Chi Le Le Le" among other things happened for a good 2 hours. We had to be in the house at 5pm to avoid the madness. I’m happy for my Chilean people! 

We´ve seen a lot of miracles, and a lot of changes this week. President Barreiros has seen that we´ve been working a lot with less active members, which is great. The only problem is that the First Presidency sent him a letter saying that we as missionaries cannot be "home teachers," so now we have to get the ward energized to do their own visits!! Wooo!!! That will be really fun haha! Now we can only visit less active members where there is potential for a baptism. It’s a big change, but you just have to trust and go onward!

I guess the most frustrating thing is the agency of people. We had one lesson with an old investigator who began to bash the book of Mormon, and we had a lesson so filled with the spirit that I felt as if it was smacking Fernando and Pablo. We testified and taught and confounded false doctrine, and when the spirit was at its highest point, they both said: But I’ve already made my decision. I wont ask God. Your religion is not for me. I normally would have gotten mad, but I knew in my heart that we had done all we could. They felt the spirit testify, and they know it. They just wouldn’t accept it. Hopefully down the line they will soften their hearts

We´ve been walking and walking and walking, and a lot of the times the people just we´re leaving the door. I realized one thing: The Lord only works with us according to our faith. I´ve become so focused on the works of faith, that I had forgotten the most basic component: Believing. As I have chosen to believe that people will be in their homes, that our appointments will be their waiting for us, a new light and energy has come in to my mission. Never for get to believe that with God, everything is possible

And we found our miracle!!! The Valenzuela Fuentes family who we had found last week told us yesterday that they feel that this is the true church and have accepted baptismal dates for the 25 of June! God always blesses those who patiently wait for him.

Sorry that there aren’t photos. This computer doesn’t upload them.

Thanks for everything, and have a great week!!

Love,
Elder Pomar :)


No comments:

Post a Comment