Santiago, Chile

Santiago, Chile

Monday, July 20, 2015

Hey Hey Hey!!! Here we are again. This week has been filled with excitement!
First off its been raining! Woo!! We´ve been in drought, so it’s been good. The smog has cleared a little, and I discovered that we have a few hills near us that I had never seen before haha!!

First Miracle:
My good friend Lee Mackay served in my stake 20 years ago, and most of his converts are in a ward called Rinconada. It just so happened that I had divisions in that ward (which was really divinely planned, because they aren´t in my district and it just so happened that our companions had to go to a reunion together). It just so happens that one of my friends converts was working in the street market that day, so I went to pay him a visit. He has been less active for 5 years. As I talked to him, he began to tell me his story, and in remembering his baptism, the spirit was really strong. I took him by the shoulder, looked him in the eye, and said: "How would elder MacKay feel knowing that his convert is less active?" and the spirit basically hit him over the head. He began to reflect deeply. I am happy to say that Alberto went to church yesterday for the first time in a long time. God knows why I moved to thousand oaks so I could meet my friend brother Mackay and help remind his convert of his duty

Running out of time, but to make the long story short, we have 3 baptismal dates for the 25th and 5 investigators went to church!!!! We´re going to (if all goes well) baptize Carlos, his wife Daniela, Selva, and her son Alvaro. We´re soooo excited! I know that it’s the hand of the Lord. I’ve never seen so many miracles in my life, and I’m not even telling half of what happened this week. I love missionary work! God tries us so we can be stronger, and then he gives blessings so great that there isn’t room to receive it. Love you all!!

Elder Pomar


Catch you next week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment