Santiago, Chile

Santiago, Chile

Monday, June 8, 2015

Hey Everyone!! How’s it going back in the States?

Here we are for another exciting episode of Elder Pomar’s Paradise. There’s been highs and there’s been lows, but you can expect that there’s always gonna be a good time!!

We have various investigators progressing with the desire to get baptized, now we just have to get them to church haha! I don’t know why, but is like we call everyone the night before and they tell us that they are going, and then the aliens come and erases their memory. (or induce a deep sleep until just after sacrament meeting starts). It’s all good though! If the mission is supposed to be a challenge, then it can’t be too easy. You just have to get creative. 

Some of the people I have met here have been ridiculously prepared. For example our investigator Nicolas is an ex military who had always liked talking to the missionaries, but never invited them to his house until we came. He has a determination like fire and really wants to know if the church is true

The Navarro family has the mom as the only member, and yesterday her spouse Joel practically told us "I know I’m not doing the things right. Is there a chapter in the Book of Mormon that I can read to show me how to change?" Between him and the three sons he has, they have a lot of potential, and we have a blast together!

We’ve been working hard with the less actives and we’ve had to give a lot of priesthood blessings lately. Between trials and sicknesses, the greatest feeling in the world is to have the spirit so palpable that you know that you are speaking as a personal representative of Jesus Christ. It’s such a faith building experience. Now we just have to defeat the enemy and get them to renew their covenants by taking the sacrament. 

I received an answer to a prayer that I have been waiting for for 6 months. In my first sector, I began to analyze how it is that I got my testimony. I’ve always believed, and so I didn’t know how to explain it to people. I asked God that he help me see how I got my testimony. One night before going to bed, a memory came to mind of something that happened 11 years ago. I had forgotten about it. When I was 8 years old, I felt the desire to try the experiment of Moroni 10 and see if the book of Mormon was true. I’m sure it had been after a family scripture study. In the silent dark in my Murrieta childhood home on manzanita drive, I offered a humble child’s prayer and asked him if the book of Mormon was true. I didn’t get an immediate answer, and was a little disappointed. Looking back, God did answer my prayer. Everything that has happen to me in these 11 years, every spiritual experience I’ve had, every desire to believe and testimony I received was in response to that prayer so long ago. God answers your prayer, but in his time and in his way

I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the church of God here on the early. Joseph Smith was his prophet and revelator, and the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know it, and I cannot deny it. If you are looking for your personal testimony, do the test. Pray, and then act with faith. God answers every prayer of his beloved Children.

Till next time guys!! Love you!



Elder Pomar

No comments:

Post a Comment