Santiago, Chile

Santiago, Chile

Monday, April 13, 2015

Buenas everybody!!

Sorry for the mishap last week! These past two week have been choc full of little goodies! So for transfers, I stayed here in El Quisco, but with a twist: They took out the other two missionaries in the ward and now Elder Araya and I are in charge of the whole ward. 32 kilometers from end to end, and we have no idea where it reaches inland. In this whole week, we´ve gone to the other sector 1 day. I don’t know how to do it, but lets go! Adventures without end!! 

One of the miracles I’ve seen since being here is an investigator named Sandy. At first we were teaching her aunt and her friend, when out of nowhere she showed up. It was hard getting her to read and complete the commitments we left with her, but I’m glad to say that she has accepted the baptismal invitation and will be baptized next Sunday!! She is soooo excited and really prepared. She will be my first baptism in my whole mission. I’ve waited 7 months for this, and the blessings came. 

I also hit another milestone the other day when I finished the Book of Mormon the other day! That was my 3rd time reading it here, and boy does it never get old. I love studying the scriptures! Since I’ve been out here my outlook has changed completely. For those of you who are wondering, when Alma says 

"for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me." (Alma 32:28)

It really is true. Keep going till you can get to that point. It’s one of the sweetest experiences ever. It’s not easy, but its definitely worth it. 

So General Conference! I hope you all watched it. If you didn’t see Elder Holland talks, do yourself a favor and check it out at 
The man is amazing. I hope I can reach half the power he has when he teaches. 

Miracles exist. You just have to go out and look for them! God knows what he is doing, and when we put our life in his hands, he will make more of us than we could ever make of ourselves.

Love you all and keep going strong!

Elder Pomar :)


No comments:

Post a Comment