Santiago, Chile

Santiago, Chile

Tuesday, January 20, 2015


Hey every one!!

It’s started to cool off a Little, which has been a big blessing. Walking with a nice pleasant breeze is much better than melting in the sun. It’s actually not that bad here! The UV rays are stronger here in Chile than in California, so I´m basically going to be black by the time I get home haha!

It’s been amazing to see the progress of our investigators! We basically have three families that we are teaching now.  It’s so cool when you go and teach the principles of the gospel, and the people just begin to light up! Its also interesting how you have to work around the questions and preconceptions that the people have. One of our investigators is an older man named Raul. He was absolutely the last person I thought would listen to us because in our initial visit he went on 30 min rant about how all religions are false and Joseph Smith this and that, but yesterday I had one of my best lessons in the mission. We taught he plan of salvation, and he accepted every point without question. He absorbed and UNDERSTOOD every point perfectly. It was if we were reminding him of something that he had learned long ago. (Which we know he did before this life! we just had to jog his spiritual memory). He is super pumped to keep on Reading and investigating. Afterwards he told us that 50 years ago he had the opportunity to hear the gospel, but he didn’t, and he wishes he would of found it out a lot earlier. Better late than never!

This week I had the hardest day on my mission so far. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. We basically didn’t eat lunch, all our appointments fell through, and for the first time I felt literally exhausted. My body was just aching and all I wanted to do was get to sleep. The next day I woke up feeling the same, and so I went to the bathroom and just cried out to God, begging him to help me overcome my challenges so I could go out and work. I don’t know how, but from that moment on, my morning went really smoothly. I felt relaxed, and rested. I had energy and excitement. God literally answered my prayer. I have sooo much to do still. So much to improve on. God has given me everything, and I still fall. That’s why I´m so grateful for the opportunities we have each day to have a new day, a blank page, through the atonement of Jesus Christ. That’s what this life is about. Enduring the hard times with the hope that something better will come.

I love this work with all my heart. Being able to be a representative of Jesus Christ in my family’s country of Chile is the best thing God could’ve ever given me. I know this Gospel is true. That this is the Church of Jesus Christ, and when we demonstrate our faith by LIVING the commandments that he has given us, we will be blessed. The Book of Mormon is true, and I know it is because every time I read it I feel this unexplainable warmth inside. 1 hour of personal study just isn’t enough haha!

Love you all, and till next time! keep going strong!!

Elder Pomar


P.S. Yes, I am wearing a ww2 helmet and a jacket from the Korean war in the picture :)








No comments:

Post a Comment