Santiago, Chile

Santiago, Chile

Thursday, January 15, 2015

DID I GET TRANSFERED!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!

(Drum Roll)
(Drum Roll)
(Drum Roll)
(Drum Roll)
(Drum Roll)
(Drum Roll)
(Drum Roll)
(Drum Roll)
(Drum Roll)
(Drum Roll)
(Drum Roll)
(Drum Roll)
(Drum Roll)
(Drum Roll)

NOPE!!! I´ll be hanging around Los Libertadores for another 6 weeks! By the end of this transfer I´ll have been here 6 months. God has something for me to learn here haha! It’s all good. We have a lot of good things coming up this transfer, and Elder Astete and I are ready to take of the world again. 

Unfortunately, we didn’t’ manage to baptize this transfer. My sector hasn’t baptized in over 7 months, which is pretty rare in our mission. Elder Astete and I have been working and working and working trying to help, and our efforts have helped us find a few new families to work with! One day we were just walking through some apartment blocks and this family was moving in, so we went in and helped them move the fridge and the dryer in from there truck. Service is the best way to soften people’s hearts. And the best part is that its just doing what Christ would do. As representatives of him, it’s a really special feeling to help other in all aspects of their lives. 

This week was filled with ups and downs. One of the downs was the passing away of one of our members, Jaime. He was an older gentleman of 75 who we were helping to come back to church. He had such a warm personality and was a real talker, so it was sad to see him go. I had the privilege of playing the piano at his funeral (Side note: within the first 5 months, I´ve played piano at church, at a wedding, and at a funeral. I don’t know what else I have left!). Most of his family is less active, but his daughter has started coming back. We´ll just have to give them support through this hard time, and I know that its the gospel of Jesus Christ that is going to help them heal.

As we talk with people on the street and knocking on doors, we get a whole range of people. One guy let us in and straight up told us that he doesn’t like any religion, but to make sure that missionaries like us don’t come back, he tells every missionary that passes his whole life story. Well, it worked haha! and today i had the strangest thing in my life happen to me As we were walking to go buy lunch, this rugged man stopped us. He had long hair, one of the lenses was missing from his glasses, and he began talking to me in English and told me that he was baptized in the church and could see the future and received revelation to tell me that I was going to be leader (and he said it in the midst of many f bombs and other colorful language) and after, shook my hand and left. I didn´t know what to think. Things that happen!

The best part of all was that this week my uncle Jenaro came and visited me. The last time i saw him was when I was 3 years old in San Jose California. We talked and talked and I got such an indescribable feeling of love for him. He is my family! Also, we had the whole conversation in English. The chap hasn’t lost a bit of it haha! He´s not a member of the church, and is finding his own path. I gave him a book of Mormon with a little personal note, and he looked me in the eyes and told me he would keep it forever. That made it all worth it.

Well, that’s all for now! Catch you guys next week!

Love,

Elder Pomar






















Here is a picture I took this morning as we walked together to the office.  Elder Bertagna

No comments:

Post a Comment