Santiago, Chile

Santiago, Chile

Monday, December 8, 2014

Hola from Chile!

This week has been crazy. Elder Astete and I realized that we really need to do a clean of the system and start from scratch. We did contact after contact after contact.. I think we ended up with over 150 contacts in the week. It was hard at first because we couldn´t see the fruit of our success. No one was letting us in. One of the days, It was honestly hard to motivate myself after lunch, but I picked up the Book of Mormon and started reading Alma 26, where Alma and the sons of Mosiah meet up after their missions, and I read verse 27 which says:

Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.

I really felt the comfort of the Lord as I read that passage, and we went out the rest of the week ready to work. We´ve been really trying to be more exactly obedient, especially with the schedule, so we ended up running back to the apartment 4 days in a row haha! We´ll plan better for next week.

Funny story time! First off, My comp and I were walking around this neighborhood when this Pepsi truck turns into the street. Out of nowhere we here this big snapping noise, and we turn around only to find that the truck had taken out a power line and that it was wrapped around the truck. What did they do? They got the line off the truck and just took off with the line lying in the street. WHAT? NADA QUE VER as we say down here! The drivers here are crazy.

One of the days we had a visit planned with a less active member, and our ward mission leader was going to come with us. He said he was going to be late and go on ahead, so we spend a while at the less actives house while we´re waiting. and waiting. and waiting. The ward mission leader didn´t show up, and supposedly he had the lesson all planned out, so I was a little stressed. Then we start talking about the birth of Christ, and as the conversation went along, he told us the real reason for why he hadn’t been coming to church. We gave him some powerful direction as directed by the spirit, and we headed out. If Gregorio had showed up, I know it would not have been the same. It was the right place at the right time. Honestly you guys, I don.t know how else to put it: there are no coincidences. Don´t forget that Heavenly Father know exactly what needs to happen to help you and those around you. 

Let me just leave you with my testimony: I know that this church is true. This is the work of the Lord. Christ is my savior, and he died for my sins, but more importantly, he lives that I may live. Through him and him only can I overcome my imperfections, and his hand is always extended out in mercy towards us. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, that it testifies of Christ, and that if we let its message in, it will change our lives. 

Catch you next week!

Love,

Elder Pomar




No comments:

Post a Comment